Our Commitment to Safety
At ERIKS North America are steadfast in our belief that safety is the foundation upon which success is built. It is not just our #1 priority. This is the value that will not change regardless of production schedules or economic conditions. To create and maintain a safe work environment, we will continue to strive to achieve ZERO injuries by focusing on education, accountability and developing a SAFETY FIRST culture.
Our philosophy is that the health of our business is directly dependent upon the health and safety of our associates, and we recognize that the responsibiity is shared.
Management is committed to:
- Providing safe and healthy working conditions that meet or exceed all legislative requirements or industry practices.
- Eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health and safety risks.
- Fostering an environment for worker consultation and participation with health and safety issues.
Associates are responsible for:
- Actively participating in our pursuit to achieve ZERO injuries and illnesses.
- Performing their jobs in accordance with established company safety policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assessing potential risks, looking out for one another, visitors and customers.
- Using our Stop Work Authority when a condition or situation appears to be unsafe. This is not only a right but an obligation.
Continuous improvement in safety performance is critical and can only be sustained through collaboration, sound decision-making and strong individual commitment. Our approach to safety is straightforward – the decisions we make today, will ultimately define our future success.